About Currency Cross Rates (Real-time foreign exchange rates)
- Live Currency Cross Rates is a real-time updated table that enables one to compare the cross rates and exchange (FX) rates of eight major currencies including US dollar, Euro, Japanese Yen, etc. Do subscribe and use it as a reference for your transactions.
- Our rates are fixed exchange rates and is updated only once a day at 10:00 AM (JPT), based on the mid rates published by the bank. The rates are also influenced by the indices of the Foreign Exchange Market.* The time is based on GMT London, resulting in a time-difference for Japan.
- USD, EUR, GBP, CHF, CAD, AUD, NZD, SGD, HKD, THB, CNY are currency abbreviations. The following abbreviations represents the following currencies: American Dollar (USD), Euro (EUR), British Pound (GBP), Swiss Franc (CHF), Canadian Dollar (CAD), Australian Dollar (AUD), New Zealand Dollar (NZD), Singapore Dollar (SGD), Hong Kong Dollar (HKD), Thai Baht (THB), Chinese Yuan (CNY) and Taiwan Dollar (TWD).
- A floating exchange rate refers to the type of exchange rate which constantly changes, similar to the rates that are offered by the banks, which are constantly fluctuating, determined by the forces of supply and demand.
- A fixed Exchange Rate refers to the type of exchange rate that does not fluctuate for a certain period of time. This type of rate is known as TTS or TTB and each includes the foreign exchange commission prescribed by the banks.
※TTS: Telegraphic Transfer Selling Rate – TTB: Telegraphic Transfer Buying Rate
- Cash rate refers to the fixed rate used by banks when exchanging bills. The cash rate physically requires more than other rates due to the necessity to import the bills, paying interest, insurance fees and so on. Therefore, the rate is higher than what’s displayed on the telegraphic exchange rate for wire transfers due it including the other costs.
- The real-time rate is expressed as a reference value because the inter-bank rate in the foreign exchange market reflects the price of the currency traded by individual banks by relative transactions all over the world for the sake of accuracy. It is impossible to display the price of every individual transaction. However, since networks between banks are keen to share information very closely, the rate transmissions are properly shared, without creating a large gap, therefore being accurate enough to be taken as a reference index.
- In the Live currency cross rate graph, the bid and ask lines determine the exchange rate between banks.
Bid: the rate for buying foreign currency (as a customer), Ask: the rate for selling foreign currency (as a customer).
About foreign currency-exchange
- SAKURA EXCHANGE has the best rates around.
- ALL USD transactions worth of 1000 USD and above will require one of the following photo ID: Passport, Resident card, My Number card or Japanese Driving License
For all other currencies, transactions worth of 300,000 yen and above in value will require one of the following photo ID: Passport, Resident card, My Number card or Japanese Driving License
- There is no limit on the amount of money that you can exchange. More than 22 currencies are available! ※note: Coins are not accepted.
- SAKURA EXCHANGE is opened 365 days a year from 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM.
*Business hours may vary depending on the location.
Feel free to drop in an inquiry.
SAKURA EXCHANGE is here to make every aspect of your day convenient!
Please visit our stores for more information.